The International Symposium on Lightning Protection (SIPDA) is a scientific event organized every two years that has as main goals to contribute to the discussion and dissemination of innovations in lightning technology. The event covers all lightning-related aspects, including lightning physics and characterization, measurements, modeling techniques, detection and location systems, grounding, protection methods, and accidents and damages associated with the phenomenon.
A special issue with extended versions of a number of selected, high quality papers presented at XII SIPDA will be published on Electric Power Systems Research.
The aim of the Symposium is to present and discuss recent developments
concerning lightning modelling and measurement techniques, as well as
grounding and lightning protection.
The main topics of the Symposium are:
1) lightning physics, characteristics and measurements
2) lightning detection and location systems
3) lightning protection of substations and transmission lines
4) lightning protection of medium and low-voltage distribution lines
5) lightning protection of structures and installations
6) lightning protection of electronics and telecommunication systems
8) lightning electromagnetic fields and electromagnetic compatibility
10) testing and standardisation
11) lightning-caused accidents and injuries
1st March, 2013
Notification of provisional acceptance:
10th May, 2013
Full paper submission:
15th July, 2013
Notification of final acceptance:
15th August, 2013