8 April 2014 – 11 April 2014 all day
Presidency (Rectorat) at the Córdoba University
Cordoba . Spain
Cordoba . Spain
The International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power Quality (ICREPQ’14), is organized by:
- European Association for the Development of Renewable Energy, Environment and Power Quality (EA4EPQ)
- University of Vigo.
- University of Cordoba
The intention of the organisers is to give an opportunity to academics, scientists, engineers, manufacturers and users from all over the world to come together in a pleasant location to discuss recent development in the areas of Renewable Energies and Power Quality.
but are not limited to:
- Wind Energy, Small Hydro Energy, Solar Energy, Photovoltaic Energy, Ocean
- Energy, Geothermal, Biomass,…
- Classical and special electrical generators: Theory, design, analysis, losses, efficiency, heating and cooling, vibration and noise, modelling and simulation, control strategies, protection systems, maintenance, mechanical behaviour, new methods of testing, parallel operation, stability,…
- Power plants. Distributed generation. Fuel cells. Co-generation. Hybrid Systems. Original solutions,…
- Hybrid Systems. Microgrids. Smart grids. Original solutions,…
- Energy conversion, conservation and energy efficiency.
- Energy saving policy. Energy storage. Batteries,…
- Energy and the environment. Ecological balance. Ecosystem,…
- Application of the renewable energy. Best practice projects.
- Legislation in the area of renewable energies.
- Biomass combustion techniques. The energy use of agricultural and forest residues. Production and the energy exploitation of bio-gas. Environment. Social importance…
- Interconnection and transport problems.
- Planning and control of the power system take into account the renewable energy. Stability. Protection…
- Economic analysis of the power system take into account the renewable energy.
- Regulation/des-regulation of the power market. Influence of the renewable energy.
- Models and simulation of the power systems. Models and estimation of loads. Software tools.
- Application of the communications, internet, artificial intelligence for the renewable energy.
- Security assessment and risk analysis in renewable energy
- Technical and economic issues of the large-scale integration of renewable energies
- Recent advances in transmission technologies (AC and DC) for renewable energies
- Electric vehicles.
- lectrical Machines & Drives, Power electronics, and Control strategies for renewable energy applications.
- Monitoring and Diagnostics of electrical machines & drives, Tools for Diagnostics and Test for Predictive Maintenance for renewable energies applications
- Sensors and actuators for renewable energies applications.
- Renewable Energies Teaching
but are not limited to:
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Power Quality in Transport and Distribution.
- Economic Studies of the Power Quality
- Low-frequency conducted disturbances: Voltage deviations, voltage fluctuations/flicker, voltage dips and short interruptions, harmonics and inter-harmonics, transient over-voltages, voltage unbalance (imbalance), temporary power-frequency variations.
- Sources, effects and mitigation methods of the disturbances.
- FACT (Flexible Alternating Transmission Systems)
- Measurements of the power quality in networks, industrial installations and Laboratories. Equipment, procedures and measurement methods. Standards.
- Modelling and simulation of the power quality. Software tools.
- Transmission of the disturbances
- Filtering techniques
- Power factor compensation. Capacitor switching techniques
- Optimization techniques
- Communication, internet and artificial intelligence.
- Permanent monitoring techniques and online diagnosis
- Intelligent energy delivery systems. Uninterrupted power supplies
- Expert systems applications
- Devices, equipment and power systems. Control centres
- Specific problems and studies cases
- Power quality influence in deregulated markets
- High frequency disturbances (radiated)
- Data security and electromagnetic pulses.
- Protection against natural and intentional EMI
- Power Quality Teaching